Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very tasty subzi
- 1⁄2 kg fenugreek leaves, washed and chopped (Methi)
- 1 cup soya granules
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (zeera)
- 3 pieces red chilies
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons green coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree
- soak soyr granules in water and vinegar for 15 minute and drain excess water.
- heat oil, add zeera and red chili. when they change colour a little, remove red chili and keep aside.
- Add soya granules and sauté till they darken a bit.
- Add cabbage and ginger. Sauté over high heat till cabbage looks glossy.
- Mix garam masala, salt, dhania, red chili powder and tomato puree, lower heat and cook uncovered. Stir occasionally till it is fried.
- Add methi and soya and mix well. Cook till methi is cooked.
- Garnish with red chili whole.
- Serve hot.
Hi Sunil This is how we make make methi in South Africa, its very pupular like this. WE also add about 1/2 cup peas or sometimes a potato to the dish. However i am sure u meant 1/2 kg fenugreek leaves in your recipe and not seeds. I am sure it would be awful if you put 1/2kg methis seeds in the recipe. Please correct