Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty Soya Dish
- 2 cups soya granules
- 1 cup water, to soak
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 eggs, slightly whisked or 1 tablespoon gram flour, instead egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 piece black cardamom pod, seeds powdered (badi eliachi)
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion (hara pyaaz)
- 2 teaspoons green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion rings
- 1⁄2 cup lemon, cut into rings (to garnish)
- Soak soya in water and vinegar for 1/2 hour and drain.
- blend soya well to make a smooth doughy paste.
- add eggs/besan, salt, garlic paste, black pepper powder, spring onion, green chili and red chili powder.
- blend again and shape into flat round balls.
- heat oil in a nonstick pan. fry the kababs to agolden brown on both sides.
- serve garnished with onion and lemon rings.