I believe this is from Martha Stewart. Kinda like french fries but so much more healthy! Be careful with broiling... the times may vary depending on how close your sticks are to the heat. We dunked ours in my Zesty Sauce recipe. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat the broiler.
- 2line a baking sheet with a silpat and set aside.
- 3(I don't have one, and used parchment paper for the first few minutes of broiling, then transferred the sticks to a cookie sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray) cut tofu horizontally into 4- 1/2" thick slabs.
- 4lay flat on paper towels and cover with more towels (use a few sheets).
- 5Press to remove excess moisture. I put some heavy pots on top and just let it sit for a while.
- 6Cut each piece into 6- 1/2" wide strips.
- 7Place on prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Place under broiler and cook, turning every 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- 9Serve hot with desired condiments.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g