Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a recipe that I found in a Family Circle magazine and tweaked to our tastes. It made a nice side dish to grilled chicken breasts.
- 1 lb snow peas, strings removed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 2 large green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fried rice noodles (such as La Choy) or 1⁄2 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- sliced scallion, for garnish if desired (optional)
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil. Add salt to water if desired and add snow peas. Cook for about 2 minutes and drain, then rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine snow peas, red pepper, water chestnuts and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, hoisin, sesame oil and vinegar. Toss with vegetables.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Garnish with noodles and scallions just before serving.