Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I didn't feel like grilling yet another steak tonight, and I had some vegetables that needed to be used up, so I came up with stir-fry. Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables you have on-hand or like better. The sauce has a nice bite, so reduce or omit the red pepper flakes if that's not what you like.
- 453.59-680.38 g beef steak (your choice, I used sirloin)
- 236.59 ml green pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml baby carrots, halved lengthwise (or quartered depending on size)
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 177.44 ml red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml rice vinegar
- 9.85 ml toasted sesame oil
- 3.69 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- Chop all the vegetables first, you won't have time if you start cooking first.
- Cut the steak into bite-sized pieces, or strips against the grain if you prefer. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix sauce ingredients together well with a whisk.
- In a wok or huge skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat until very hot, then add the garlic, onion, and steak pieces. Stir-fry 3-5 minutes, until meat is mostly browned.
- Add all the vegetables; stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the entire pan, and continue stir-frying another 5-10 minutes, until steak is desired done-ness and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve over rice.
Wow! Thank you so much for this recipe, "Don't Trust the Recipes!"!! I loved it! I doubled the recipe and substituted the veggies with 2 frozen stir fry vegetable bags and added some sugar snap peas. I followed everything else exactly. The sauce is just incredible!... and does have a nice bite to it. I loved it that way but think the next I'll have to add less red pepper flakes to accommodate my 2 year old. Thanks for posting!