Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this for dinner tonight minus the olives, and my family raved about it. It's very easy and yet so tasty. It would be a great do-ahead company dish. From my favorite cookbook, Applehood and Motherpie from the Jr League of Rochester.
- Cook onions, garlic and mushrooms in oil until onion is soft.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a buttered 3-quart casserole.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Brown chicken in same skillet, adding more oil if necessary.
- Transfer pieces to casserole.
- Mix soy sauce, catsup, and wine.
- Pour over chicken.
- (Can be refrigerated until baking time.).
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with black olives if desired.