Recipe by MsSally
Another yummy sounding recipe from Aroma. I've modified this to make a meal in one...cooking rice and chicken and veggies at the same time. Again my brown rice settting is 90 mins. Adjust time according to your machine.
Top Review by Anidaniel
I followed this recipe step by step. I didnt aleer it in any way. Rice was raw and uncooked. The chicken was completely raw and I adrecook it all on the stove. It was a total waste of an hour Andy half of my Sunday. Someone needs to keep diff this recipe!,
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 green onion, cut into slivers
- 2 cups brown rice, using rice cup with cooker
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb vegetables, asian mix your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger with chicken breasts and allow to marinate.
- Pour rice and broth into rice cooker. Cover with lid and press brown rice setting. Allow to cook for 1 hour.
- Place chicken breasts and marinade on foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, top with slivered onion and make packet. Place vegetables in seperate foil packet. Carefully open lid of cooker and place steam tray into the rice cooker. Place chicken packet in tray. Close the lid and steam for 10 minutes Then open lid again and place vegetables in allow to steam till cooker changes to keep warm.
- Carefully check chicken for doneness and Using oven mitts carefully remove steam tray from the rice cooker and serve immediately.