Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried these wings yet, but it won't be long, I never saw a wing I didn't like, and this one sounds awesome. Serve with Blue Cheese Dip and celery if desired. Credit goes to "Better Homes and Gardens 75 Years of All-Time Favorites." Enjoy all!
- 12 -18 chicken wings (2-3 lbs.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle soy sauce
- 4 slices gingerroot
- 1 leek, cut up
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 -3 red chili peppers, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse chicken wings; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings.
- In a kettle, combine water, soy sauce, gingerroot, leek, sugar, vinegar, chili peppers, five-spice powder, and garlic.
- Bring to boiling.
- Add chicken. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon.
- Serve hot or chilled.