Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple and flavorful way to prepare tuna. You can also prepare it on the grill. Prep time includes time in the marinade
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 small tuna steaks, 1 inch think,6 oz each
- Combine all ingredients except fish, mixing well.
- Place the tuna in the marinade, turning to coat them.
- Let marinate for 15-30 minutes at room temp.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Transfer tuna to an oiled baking dish, shaking off extra garlic pieces.
- Roast until done to taste, turning once (8-10 minutes for medium).
- Serve immediately.
This was very dry, although I roasted it less than the recommended time. I think the long marination in lemon juice partially "cooked" the tuna. The flavor combination was good, but I would suggest a shorter marination and briefly pan sauteing it.
There aren't a lot of recipes for fresh Tuna but this recipe was very good, I followed it to the letter, the Tuna was very moist and flavorful, I will make it again.