Recipe by MarieRynr
These Duck Breasts are very tender and tasty. A great choice for entertaining, with very little effort involved. Serve with egg fried rice for a really stylish meal. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 6 boneless duck breasts, each about 6 oz
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (Kikkoman is good)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
For the Gravy
- 600 g fresh chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 slices thin fresh ginger (no need to peel)
- 1 dash sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick the duck's skin really well with a fork.
- Mix the soy, 5 spice and honey in a large bowl, add the duck and coat well.
- Cover and place in the fridge until ready to roast.
- For the gravy, tip the stock into a pan, add the hoisin sauce and ginger and boil for a few minutes to make a smooth gravy.
- Add the sesame oil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200*C (425*F).
- Pour 1 litre of water in the base of a roasting tin and place a rack over the top.
- (This keeps the fat from the duck dripping on to the tin and filling the kitchen full of smoke) Lift duck from marinade and arrange on rack, skin side up.
- Roast for 20 minutes for medium, 30 minutes for well done.
- Slice each duck breast in half.
- Add any meat juices from the duck to the hoisin gravy and pour a spoonful or two over the duck.