Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Family Circle magazine Nov. 2008. This is my favorite drink from Starbucks and I always ask for it with soy so I thought I would post this recipe as I found it today in the magazine. I can't wait to try it at home!
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together all ingredients and simmer over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
This has a wonderful flavor, but after tasting it, I put it back in the pan and brought back up to heat, and then strained it into my cup to remove the"gritty" spices. I also cut the sugar in half and it was plenty sweet for me.
I'm not rating this recipe as I have not tried it. My copy of this recipe I to found in the same magazine calls for 1/3 cup pumpkin puree. The rest is the same. This sound yummy! I hope to try this soon. Christine (internetnut)
Made exactly as directed- well, except I used regular coffee; I'm not initiated for espresso yet :-) Tasted divine!! All us non-coffee people loved it! Thanks for posting!