Recipe by Jamie Oliver®
This recipe for Soy Pickled Garlic is fool-proof, and the longer you leave it to mature, the better the flavour. This recipe came from an Aussie magazine called Super Food Ideas.
Top Review by Mike McCartney
Loved it. I did soak the garlic in pickling lime overnight, and rinsed very well, before canning. They were nicely crunchy and tasted fantastic after 3 weeks. And it's true, the longer they sit, the better they taste. Thanks for the keeper.
- 2 heads garlic, separated into cloves & peeled
- 125 ml apple cider vinegar
- 125 ml soy sauce
- 6 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garlic cloves into a clean, sterilised jar of about 2 cup (500ml) capacity.
- Combine vinegar, soy, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer until mixture is slightly reduced.
- Pour the hot liquid over the garlic.
- Allow to cool slightly before sealing.