Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
hahahaahahah After 7 years of non stop chicken-breast-tom-foolery I completed my master thesis and proclaim myself to be the Chicken Master
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 large orange, juice and zest of
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 10 dashes fresh black pepper
- Mix everything but the chicken in a 1 quart container with a lid, shake vigorously to mix If the breasts are very large cut into even sized pieces, I end-up with around 4 oz portions.
- Place in a couple plastic bags and pour marinade over them.
- Marinate 4-48 hours.
- Broil on a rack, 2" under the element, about 7 minutes per side.
- Do not crowd the broiler, there should be 1-2 inches of space around each breast.
- It takes 3 batches for me to do 5 lbs.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting Try not to eat it all in one sitting, save some for the next couple meals.
Highly recommend! I marinated the chicken for 2 days and the flavor was stong, but we enjoyed it. I love the simplicity of this as well.
Wow! This was, by far, the best tasting chicken I have ever made. My dh seconds that statement. I cut the marinade in half and only used 4 chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs) and it still turned out Excellent! This has moved to the top of the list in our house. Thanks for posting!
Absolutely fabulous! So simple, and I really like your description of "chicken breast tom-foolery". Like a lot of folks, I've tried just about every marindade, cooking method known for chix. The orange really makes a difference. Thank you.