Recipe by Kree
This is posted in response to a request for cookies using soynut butter. I haven't tried them yet, but I've been meaning to!
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soy nut butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup roasted soybeans, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine brown sugar, soynut butter, shortening, soy milk and vanilla in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add egg to sugar mixture; beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, soy flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to sugar mixture at low speed; mix just until blended.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly by pressing 4 soynuts into each cookie center in a pinwheel design.
- Bake cookies for 7 to 9 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown; do not over brown.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.