For those who like to know how to make soy milk. Preparation time does not include the 8hrs/overnight soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drop soaked soybeans in continuous 4 cups boiling water with baking soda. Blanch for 5 mins and rinse.
- 2. After rinsing, add a cup of hot water and process the beans in a food processor or blender. Careful, it's hot so be sure to cover it well.
- 3Next, boil the remaining 7 cups of water and put in the processed beans and sugar/maple syrup/vanilla for 20 mins stirring occasionally and removing the thin film formed on top.
- 4Strain the bean particles using a cheesecloth. The soy milk would be hot so this serves as a warning. Either use silicon gloves, or press the spatula against the cheesecloth to strain out the liquid.
- 5Drink hot or cold and can last til a week in a ref.
- 6Freeze or use the okara (bean residue) for other recipes.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Milk
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 224.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g