Recipe by Oolala
From an Elle magazine recipe card. I love this kind of marinade flavor. Make 12 hours in advance. Cook time doesn't include marinating time.
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 pork chops, 1-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the chops.
- Add the chops to the marinade and cover. Refrigerate for 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Dry chops off and grill over low heat or broil them as far from the flame as possible, turning frequently and basting with the sauce, until they are cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. Note: Don't baste toward the end due to health concerns of raw pork juice (boiling the marinade will make it safe).