Recipe by Roger/OH
I used this for deer chops the first time. The aroma, while grilling, was fantastic and the taste even better. I recently used the marinade to do a whole pork loin on a spit over an open fire.
Top Review by Misti_Country_Girl
This is Fabulous! I didn't have the time to marinate over night, but only a few hours. I omitted the molasses b/c I was afraid it would be sweet, and I do not like 'sweet' meat. It was wonderful without it!! I seared it over medium heat and then put it (with the marinade) in the oven for about 35 minutes or until preferred done-ness. It was great. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs deer chops or 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the soy sauce, vegetable oil, sherry, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture over chops and let marinate overnight.
- Remove chops from marinate and add the molasses to the marinade.
- Cook the chops on the grill over a low fire basting the chops with the marinade molasses mixture.
- If you use Venison, be careful not to over cook.