Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a marinade I use on many cuts of beef; particularly the less tender cuts. I always marinade for 24 hours and this marinade will make a chuck steak as mouth watering as the best beef filet. I have never followed the final direction of basting with additional lemon juice as indicated in the original recipe. I don't feel it's necessary. Use your judgement here.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice concentrate (bottled)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large shallow dish or plastic bag, combine all ingredients.
- add beef, pork or chicken.
- marinade in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight turning occasionally.
- remove meat from marinade.
- grill or broil as desired, basting frequently with additional lemon juice.