- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 2 inches gingerroot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- scallion, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend soy, syrup and oil and pour into shallow dish.
- Add the steaks in a single layer, turning to coat.
- Blend ginger and garlic, and rub into both sides of steaks. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place marinade in small saucepan on stove, boil on high until syrupy, around 3 minutes.
- Light an oil grill; cook steaks 4-6 minutes a side over moderately high heat.
- Plate fish, pour marinade over and garnish with scallions.