Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is an Asian inspired way to grill salmon
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, Asian style
- 4 (7 -8 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon wasabi powder (or more if desired)
- lime slice
- green onion, chopped
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a dish large enough to hold the salmon. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Turn the salmon over and marinate for one hour more.
- Combine the mayonnaise and wasabi powder in a small bowl; cover and store in the fridge until needed.
- When the salmon has fully marinated, warm at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the barbecue and lightly oil the grills.
- Grill the salmon for 3 to 4 minute per side, or until just cooked through.
- Top the steaks with a small spoonful of the mayonnaise and garnish with the lime slices and chopped green onion.