Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I made this to marinate a couple of pieces of fillet mignon. I let them marinate for 8 hours and they were wonderful on the grill. I had some of the marinade leftover and tossed a few shrimp into it for about 30 minutes and grilled them up as well. They were quite tasty as well! This makes enough marinade for 4 (5 oz) fillets or 2 fillets and 1/2 lb of shrimp.
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 44.37 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml honey mustard (I used a very sweet honey mustard, Gulden's)
- 4.92 ml garlic, grated (or very finely minced)
- 59.16 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag and add your meat of choice. Allow to marinate 8 hours or overnight for steaks. Allow to marinate 30 minutes for shrimp or fish. Grill, broil or bake to desired doneness.
Yum, the lime brought a really interesting tang to the steak. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7.
This is a great marinade. I omitted the splenda cause I knew DH would not like the sweet taste. It was perfect like that. Thanks under12parsecs :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
I added olive oil to the marinade to help the marinade penatrate and because I grilled and the coating will help this sugary marinade from sticking. I did use reular mustard and added honey skipped the fake sugar. A good grinding of black pepper over a whole trimmed tenderloin. Nothing but the best for my Dad on Fathers day!
Made for ZWT 2011 Thanks!