Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a local newspaper. The chef who owns this recipe is a Peter Howard, an Australian.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 small red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400 g lamb fillets or 400 g loin lamb, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 250 g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Broccolini, washed and chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and finely sliced
- Mix the soy, honey, oyster sauce with the chilli; add the lamb and toss to coat.
- Lift the lamb from the marinade and reserve both.
- In a wok, heat half the oil to smoke point and quickly seal the lamb slices; this make takes two batches to do.
- Keep the lamb warm and pour in the remaining oil; bring up to smoke point.
- Add the onion and cook for 1 to 2 minutes and tip in the broccolini, mushrooms and capsicum slices.
- Cook a further 2 minutes and then add the sealed lamb back into the wok along with the reserved lamb marinade.
- Cook until the capsicum is done.
- Sometimes you may need just a splash of water to help with the cooking process.
- Add only a small amount.
- Serve with steamed or boiled rice.