Recipe by DebaRooRoo
As a child, my mom would always make random meals with hot dogs. Although you knew they were there, it always seemed like a surprise or treat when you bit into them. Now that I am vegetarian, I kick back to my childhood days with this simple soy hot dog and baked beans recipe. The left overs hold well and are great heated up for lunch.
- 3 -4 soy hot dogs (sliced roughly 1/8 inch pieces, I use LightLife Smart Dogs)
- 1⁄2 large onion (or whole small onion)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large pan (preferably with a lid). Wait for the oil to become smokey and saute the hot dogs for 3-5 minutes, allowing all sides to brown and crisp up. Remove from pan.
- Add a little more oil and diced onion to pan to saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add soy hot dogs, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the baked beans, bring to a slight boil, and simmer covered for 5-10 minutes.