Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This gives an Asian flavor to spareribs in the crock pot.
- 4 -5 lbs spareribs, cut in 2 rib pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar, garlic-flavored
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Place ribs in a shallow baking pan.
- Brown in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes, turning ribs once.
- Remove from oven; pour off fat.
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place in a crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cornstarch and water; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir into rib mixture.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.