1/1 Photo of Soy Glazed Salmon With Cucumber Avocado Salad
Lori Mama's Note:
Another delicious recipe from Food Network Magazine July/Aug. 2012 edition. The recipe called for 4 salmon filets, but I only did 2 and still made the salad as is, to make a more substantial meal for my husband and I. Of course you can always make 4 portions if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 -6 ounces salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed, halved again and sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, seeded and chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Rub fish all over with 1/2 tsp of the sesame oil and season lightly with salt.
- 3Place in oven and bake 5 minutes.
- 4In a small microwavable bowl, combine the honey, 2 tsp soy sauce and the cornstarch.
- 5Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- 6Baste the filets with the honey soy mixture and return to the oven to continue baking for another 9 minutes.
- 7In a large bowl, mix together the vinegar, mayo, the remaining 1/2 tsp sesame oil, soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- 8Toss with the cucumber and gently fold in the avocado.
- 9Serve with the fish.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Glazed Salmon With Cucumber Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 598.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g