1/1 Photo of Soy Glazed Salmon With Crunchy Hot and Sour Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
This makes a superb meal when you have friends coming over. Most of the prep work can be done the day before, it only takes minutes to throw together, it's colourful and healthy. Serve with fried rice (a combination of mint, coriander and shitake mushrooms in the rice works well).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (170 g) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the marinade
For the salad
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 140 g cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 225 g bean sprouts
- 100 g snow peas, sliced on the diagonal
- 6 -8 water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, zest of
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 1Combine the marinade ingredients.
- 2Pour over the salmon and put in the fridge for at least two hours and as long as overnight.
- 3Make the hot and sour dressing by putting the vinegar, chilli and sugar in a small saucepan.
- 4Heat gently without boiling until the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Remove from the heat, leave to cool and then add the sunflower oil.
- 6While the dressing is cooling, fry the cashew nuts in a heavy frying pan until lightly browned, then add the sea salt and mustard seeds and fry for a minute or until the seeds start to pop.
- 7Set aside.
- 8In a hot pan, add the oil and let it heat up.
- 9Fry the salmon steaks for four minutes on each side, starting with the skin side down.
- 10The flesh should be moist but cooked and the top of the salmon should be a lovely brown.
- 11Combine all the salad ingredients and the dressing together.
- 12Serve piled onto each plate and topped with the salmon.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Glazed Salmon With Crunchy Hot and Sour Salad
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.6
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 2170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
limes, zest of