Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe courtesy Daily Press.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and ginger root.
- Cook until onion is tender, 2- 3 minutes.
- Raise heat to high, add mushrooms, and cook until they start to soften, about 2- 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sugar and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, 5- 6 minutes.
I made these twice. The second time I added a bit of minced garlic. The mushrooms were delicious both times. This time I served them over rice noodles. Thanks!
This was a nice dish and very quick to prepare. The flavors meshed together well with none overpowering another. Thanks.
These are absolutely scrumptious, we are a family big on mushrooms and this recipe was new to us, I served them over thick juicy steaks. Yum!