Easy and delicious savory almonds. Simple enough for everyday snacking but elegant enough to be served at a party.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Add almonds to pan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium heat. Boil for about five minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced and absorbed.
- Stir in the canola oil and spread almonds out evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, stirring mid-way, until nuts are very fragrant and no longer wet to the touch.
- Allow almonds to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
YUM! Tasty and easily prepared. I oven roasted the almond mixture for 12 minutes. Made for Spring PAC 2011 ~