Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe was originally from All Recipes with a few changes from me.
Make and share this Soy Ginger Grilled Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml real maple syrup
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, fresh grated
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 118.29 ml beer
- 4 (1133.98 g) beef steaks, approx. 10 ounces each
- Put all ingredients except beer and steak into mixing bowl.
- Mix well and add beer, stirring just to mix.
- Punch holes in steaks on both sides.
- Add steaks to marinade container.
- Pour marinade over steaks and cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Marinade 4-24 hours.
- Cook steaks over high heat on barbecue or under broiler until done.
Made as written. This was a wonderful marinade. We really enjoyed the flavour of the ginger that came through and despite the amount of soy the meat was not too salty at all. Thanks for a lovely meal Lynn! Made for the Bistro Babes ZWT 8
Seriously good! I thought "that much soy sauce?", but followed the directions. I'm so glad I did! And I thought about leaving out the beer, as well. But borrowed one from my sister, as I don't drink. Again, so glad I followed directions! Will have this again, probably very soon! Thnx for posting your recipe, Lynn. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds for ZWT6.
Hubby and Little Miss (DD) really liked the flavour of the steaks. I didn't try it, because I don't eat red meat, but they both really enjoyed it. My only suggestion I could make is carefully watch this dish when it's cooking. The sugar in the maple really caramelize the steak and could burn the outside but the middle of the steak could not be fully cooked. Served with Salsa Verde Potato Salad and chopped up lettuce and organic tomato. Thank you Lavender Lynn