- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 medium scallion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and 1/4 cup water to boil in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into bowl and stir in scallion, ginger, oil, and hot red pepper flakes (Sauce can be refrigerated in air-tight container for several days).
- Makes about one cup.