Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had gotten some Bob's Red Mill Soy Flour for my daughter and was experimenting with it having never used Soy flour before. The cookies turned out very well and my kids had them almost gone in a few minutes! Just a note that the cookie dough will have a terrible after taste (I love to eat the dough), but the cookies will taste great! The cinnamon is optional because we love cinnamon, but you can leave it out.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and the sugars and cream them well together.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and continue to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours together and add the baking soda, salt and the cinnamon to the flour. Stir the flour well.
- Add the flour the creamed mixture and mix well. Add the oatmeal and the chocolate chips to the dough.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet. These will rise to be a good size cookie.
- Bake at 375°F for about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack and enjoy warm!
I was looking for something healthy to make for kids' snacks and came upon this recipe. I substituted butter with canola oil and used pastry whole wheat flour instead of white flour. They came out yummy, the kids and my husband liked it.