This is a great substitute for traditional, dairy-filled eggnog! I modified it from a recipe on the Soy Dream website. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup Amaretto, Southern Comfort, brandy, or alcohol of your choice. That would be great for special occassions, but I wanted a non-alcoholic version to drink on a regular basis, and this worked out great. It's frothy and delicious. If you like your eggnog even creamier, feel free to add a couple more ounces of tofu.
- 1 quart soymilk (plain or vanilla) or 1 quart rice milk (plain or vanilla)
- 6 ounces extra-firm silken tofu (I use Mori Nu)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I only use 1 tsp with vanilla rice milk)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth and frothy.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Kinda bland at first and it does not taste a whole lot like egg nog but very good! Thanks!
I loved this, though I didn't think it tasted a whole lot like eggnog. (And I have to admit that I was the only one in the family who liked it, but since I made it for me, I don't have a problem with that!) This is thin but very very flavorful and would be a nice way to get soy into someone who is reluctant. Yum Kree, I'll be drinking this a lot.