This is a helpful substitution for those of us who can't have dairy products! I've used this many times with great success!
My Private Note
- 1Mix together lemon juice and soy milk; let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2(An easier way to think about this is to put 1 Tbsp lemon juice into a measuring cup, then simply add soy milk until you have a cup)
- 3Add this to recipes as you would buttermilk!
- 4This also works with 1 Tbsp vinegar in place of the lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy "Buttermilk"
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g