Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another fabulous recipe from The Cook and The Chef http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef.
- 200 g pickled Chinese cabbage (Ma Ling brand tinned)
- 500 g fresh snap frozen soybeans (available at your local Asian grocer)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 200 g spicy marinated tofu (Nutra soy brand)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 small fresh red chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maldon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
- Chop the chilli into tiny dice leaving the seeds in for an extra hot taste. Slice tofu into 4mm strips. Crush the garlic. Drain and chop the Chinese cabbage.
- Make sure you have all your ingredients ready as this is a fast dish to cook.
- Heat the oil in a wok, until very hot almost smoking, add the chilli, crushed garlic and cook until lightly brown.
- Add the Chinese cabbage and cook for a further minute. Add the soy beans, salt and sugar and fry until warmed through.
- Add the tofu strips, the vego oyster sauce and adjust seasoning to taste. (add some more sugar and salt if needed)
- Serve straight from the wok with some plain steamed jasmine rice.