Recipe by Oolala
From Ideals Grill & Barbecue Cooking. I think ginger would work well in here too. Use your judgement since this has salt and soy sauce, it may be too salty-I want to try this but I may use it as a base and make some additions, etc.
- 2 lbs raw fresh shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, can use lime juice
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Arrange shrimp in a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and garlic and stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over shrimp and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain marinade and reserve it. Thread shrimp on skewers and place them in a well greased hinged wire grill 4" over medium hot coals.
- Grill 3 minutes basting with marinade and turn and grill for 5 minutes basting several times.