Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you must live dairy-free and miss having pudding you will most likely enjoy this recipe. I have been experimenting for the past two years on trying to hide the soy flavor in soy milk... I haven't been able to hide it totally, but it is pretty subtle in this recipe thanks to the banana. If you can have milk and enjoy tapioca the traditional way you probably will NOT like this recipe.
- In your blender add 1/2 a ripe medium to large banana, 2 cups of soy milk and the equal.
- Puree for a few seconds and add enough soy milk to make 3 cups total of the puree, add the sugar now and puree for a few seconds again.
- Pour your puree into a medium size sauce pan and add the beaten egg, tapioca, and food coloring. Do not heat yet -- Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Now put the sauce pan on the burner and turn to medium heat -- Stir constantly.
- Continue to stir until mixture comes to a full boil -- continue stirring.
- Continue stirring as you remove from heat.
- Now stir in the flavorings.
- Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until fully cold.
- I like to put a little cool whip on top of each serving.