If you must live dairy-free and miss having pudding you will most likely enjoy this recipe. I have been experimenting for the past two years on trying to hide the soy flavor in soy milk... I haven't been able to hide it totally, but it is pretty subtle in this recipe thanks to the banana. If you can have milk and enjoy tapioca the traditional way you probably will NOT like this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In your blender add 1/2 a ripe medium to large banana, 2 cups of soy milk and the equal.
- 2Puree for a few seconds and add enough soy milk to make 3 cups total of the puree, add the sugar now and puree for a few seconds again.
- 3Pour your puree into a medium size sauce pan and add the beaten egg, tapioca, and food coloring. Do not heat yet -- Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 4Now put the sauce pan on the burner and turn to medium heat -- Stir constantly.
- 5Continue to stir until mixture comes to a full boil -- continue stirring.
- 6Continue stirring as you remove from heat.
- 7Now stir in the flavorings.
- 8Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- 9Refrigerate until fully cold.
- 10I like to put a little cool whip on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Banana Tapioca Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 45.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: