Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Food For Thought, Favorite Recipes of Morristown-Beard School. There is salt listed as an ingredient (to taste) but remember soy sauce is quite salty! Goes well with rice. Marination is from 2-12 hours and is not included in prep or cook time.
- 2 (1360.77 g) baking hens, halved, backbones removed
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 22.18 ml garlic, minced
- 22.18 ml dried oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Marinate the hens in the above ingredients in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to 12 hours.
- Turn hens occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange hens skin side up in a 13" X 9" baking pan and pour marinade over the hens.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- Discard bay leaves and serve with rice.