Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
im into skewers at the moment because of a tag game i just played and enjoyed.you will need 16 skewers for this recipe
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cm piece gingerroot, peeled, finely grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 550 g calamari, tubes cleaned, cut into 1cm-thick rings
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine vinegar, soy, lime juice, sugar, oil, ginger and onions. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cut each calamari ring in half. Thread onto skewers in a concertina fashion.
- Heat a barbecue plate on high heat. Spray skewers with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Barbecue for 2 minutes, turning, or until tender. Serve with soy and lime sauce.
We grilled these up the other night and they were pretty good. The grilled calimari itself wasn't necessarily exciting, but once dipped into the soy lime sauce they were very tasty. The boyfriend thought that with a side of rice and a bottle of sake it would be perfect.