Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
for asian forum
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 550 g calamari, tubes cleaned, cut into 1cm-thick rings
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 16 skewers (soaked in water for 30 mins)
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine vinegar, soy, lime juice, sugar, oil, ginger and onions. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cut each calamari ring in half. Thread onto skewers in a concertina fashion.
- Heat a barbecue plate on high heat. Spray skewers with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Barbecue for 2 minutes, turning, or until tender. Serve with soy and lime sauce.