Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Book: Secrets of The Red Lantern: Stories and Vietnamese Recipes From the Heart
- 18 large raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1 bird's-eye chile, ground in a mortar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Soak eighteen bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tail shells intact.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, mix well, add the shrimp, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, skewer with the bamboo, and grill over high heat for about 2 minutes, turning once, or until cooked.