Recipe by WaterMelon
Adapted from 'Flavours' by Donna Hay. Quick and tasty.
Top Review by mama smurf
Fixed this tonight for dinner and cut the recipe in half. I kept the sauce the same to put over Recipe#214378#214378 and served with Recipe#408950#408950. Followed the recipe except I used over a half of jalapeno, added minced garlic and topped with slivered green onions. Fantastic!! DH said "make at least once a week". Next time I would cut down on the brown sugar. Used thick tilapia. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Game.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded ginger
- 2 red chilies, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Chinese wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 (6 ounce) white fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oils in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Add ginger and chillies and cook for 2 mins, until crisp.
- Add soy sauce, wine and sugar to skillet and simmer 1 min, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the fish, cook in the sauce for approx 3 mins each side or until cooked.
- Serve immediately on top of steamed rice with steamed greens.
- Optional: Sometimes I add some garlic too, together with the ginger and chillies.