Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My aunt included this in a family cookbook several years ago and I'm not sure where the original recipe came from. This is a delicious way to prepare pork tenderloin. It can be served as an appetizer or a main dish. It always seems to show up on every buffet or appetizer table for family gatherings. Do not be afraid of the long cooking time--it comes out beautifully moist everytime.
- 2 -4 pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (to garnish)
- Mix together soy, bourbon, and brown sugar.
- Place in zip lock bag or glass baking dish and add tenderloins.
- Marinate 4-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Bake tenderloins for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 minutes.
- Mix mustard sauce ingredients together until well blended. (Sour cream through red wine vinegar).
- Garnish with green onions.
- For appetizers, slice thin and serve with timy dinner rolls or French bread slices and mustard sauce.
- For dinner, slice thicker and serve with mustard sauce.
My husband and I debated what to give this I said 5 stars he said 4 stars, since there isn't an option for 4 1/2, I will say that it get's that, to split our vote. What wonderfully tender meat. I was extremely worried during cooking time as I thought the pork looked like it was drying out, so I basted a couple of times. I should have listened to mamaj no need to panick, when it came time to dish it was oh so tender. The flavour that came through the meat from the marinde was gorgeous. I did add extra mustard to the sauce as I love mustard and I added 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar. I thought the sauce was delicious as did my husband. His only criticism was he thought the marinade had such a great flavour and that the sauce overpowered this flavour a bit. He thought it would have been better complimented by a lighter sauce. But 2 thumbs up on the sauce. I didn't have green onions on hand so I used fresh chopped fresh chives. Loved, Loved, will definitely be making again. Thanks for posting.
Wow, this came out tender! Loved the mustard sauce.