Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Souvlaki is a Greek specialty made with tender cuts of meat. In this pork recipe, the meat is marinated in a lemony olive oil mixture. Serve with rice pilaf and a Greek salad.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano and garlic; add pork, onions, and green peppers, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 3 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread pork, peppers, and onion onto skewers.
- Lightly oil grate. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning skewers occasionally for even cooking.