Recipe by Chef Gorete
A traditional Greek recipe that tastes great with a variety of meat. Often, I marinade a big batch and freeze part of it for future use. See Tzatziki sauce recipe to accompany the dish.
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin or 4 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper
- wooden skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 2 inch cubes and place in dish with a cover. Combine the remaining ingredients and toss with the meat, coating well. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator 3-4 hours, or preferably overnight, stirring occasionally. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Soak wooden skewers in hot water for 30 minutes. Loosely thread the meat onto skewers, allowing two skewers per person.
- Cook on the barbeque or under the broiler for approximately 15 minutes, or just until done. Serve with Tzatziki sauce.
- Note: Sometimes I marinade whole breasts or pork chops and bbq them whole.