Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a greek recipe posted for ZWT4. I got this recipe from All recipes with a few variations.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium purple onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano and garlic in a large container.
- Add Pork, onions, and peppers mixing well.
- Cover the mixture and put in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Using skewers that have been soaked in water thread on peppers, onions, and meat.
- Preheat barbecue for medium.
- Lightly oil grate.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning skewers often.
- Cook to desired doneness.
Great and different souvlaki!!! I served this with some Greek potatoes and green beans for a awesome dinner!!! I didn't taste the lemon as much as I normally have in other souvlaki recipes, but it was still so tasty!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "Best of 2013".
Another Winner from LL. Wow, were these souvlaki delicious. I served them with Khubz 'aadi (Pita Bread) and Avocado Tzatziki and Greek Tomato Salad for a wonderful meal. So worth the time and effort. The pork souvlaki, were perfectly marinated, had amazing flavor and were simply delicious. I have a new go to Pork Souvlaki recipe. This recipe is better than some restuarants. Kudos to you my friend, for a recipe that I have placed in my Favorites Cookbook for 2013.
I loved these!! It was so easy to make and the results are spectacular. Great combination of flavors on both the marinade and the skewers themselves. I used a orange pepper in place of the red but other than that I didn't change a thing. I would cut up 2 of each pepper next time or maybe add in a yellow pepper. Thanks for a great dinner! Made for the Babes of ZWT4.