Recipe by NanaGreekcook
Tasty melt- in-your-mouth meatballs in a rich tomato sauce - the secret is in the cumin so don't leave it out. A greek recipe.
- 250 g ground pork
- 250 g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large peppercorn, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 drops lemon juice
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the meat, egg, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and cumin together. Add salt and pepper.
- Use the flour to form the meatballs with your hands ( not too small, not too big ).
- Deep fry the meatballs in vegetable oil in a low heat. Do not overcook them.
- Remove them from the pan and throw away the oil, apart from a few teaspoons.
- Shallow fry the tomato and peppercorns. Season.
- Add the tomato paste, the red wine and the stock diluted in water ( dont add too much water or the sauce will become runny ).
- Add a pinch of sugar and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Add the meatballs back to the pan and simmer in a very low heat for approximately 10 minutes, until the sauce is nice and thick.
- Serve with rice.