Recipe by LAURIE
This came across my email, (while it is 105 degrees outside) and it sounds very interesting, something DBF would like. Putting it here for safekeeping until it gets to be soup weather! Im guessing in the servings so if you make it please let me know.
- 2 quarts chicken stock or 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 quarts tomatoes, diced (Italian or Mexican seasoned are best)
- 6 ounces butternut squash, cubed
- 12 ounces onions, sliced
- 12 ounces celery, sliced
- 12 ounces white cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb canned white beans, drained
- 1 lb canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 lb frozen Italian cut green beans
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine stock and tomatoes in a large non-reactive stockpot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, celery, butternut squash and cabbage; lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine horseradish and balsamic vinegar and stir into the pot.
- Add white wine, two chili powders, oregano, salt and pepper and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree white beans until smooth; stir into the soup.
- Add garbanzo beans and flat beans and cook until hot.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream.