This came across my email, (while it is 105 degrees outside) and it sounds very interesting, something DBF would like. Putting it here for safekeeping until it gets to be soup weather! Im guessing in the servings so if you make it please let me know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts chicken stock or 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 quarts tomatoes, diced (Italian or Mexican seasoned are best)
- 6 ounces butternut squash, cubed
- 12 ounces onions, sliced
- 12 ounces celery, sliced
- 12 ounces white cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb canned white beans, drained
- 1 lb canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 lb frozen Italian cut green beans
- 1/2 pint sour cream, to garnish
- 1Combine stock and tomatoes in a large non-reactive stockpot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions, celery, butternut squash and cabbage; lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Combine horseradish and balsamic vinegar and stir into the pot.
- 4Add white wine, two chili powders, oregano, salt and pepper and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Puree white beans until smooth; stir into the soup.
- 6Add garbanzo beans and flat beans and cook until hot.
- 7Garnish with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Winter Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 1505.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 18.2 g