Recipe by A Messy Cook
This colorful, flavorful vegetarian main dish is from Light and Tasty’s April/May 2005 issue. Perfect for summer when the garden bounty is pouring in!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 2⁄3 cup water, plus
- 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, warmed (10 inches)
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in beans, corn, red pepper, zucchini, 2/3 cup water, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir into skillet, bring to boil, and cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with salsa and sour cream, and roll up.