Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A little spicy for us that like a lot of flavor in our food. This is a great meatless meal. Our family likes it very much.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 14.78 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 432.33 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 326.01 g packagerefrigerated cornbread, twists
- In a large skillet, sauté the carrots, celery, onion and seasonings in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat; add beans, corn, tomatoes and chilies.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Separate cornbread twists; make a lattice crust over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until cornbread is done.