A little spicy for us that like a lot of flavor in our food. This is a great meatless meal. Our family likes it very much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 14.78 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 432.33 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 113.39 g can chopped green chilies
- 326.01 g package refrigerated cornbread, twists
- 1In a large skillet, sauté the carrots, celery, onion and seasonings in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 3Remove from the heat; add beans, corn, tomatoes and chilies.
- 4Spoon into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 5Separate cornbread twists; make a lattice crust over filling.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until cornbread is done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Veggie Bake
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 747.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g